Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Repost of my www.freespeech.com email to Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal

November 12, 2003

Erickson letter to Connecticut Attorney General


Warning: this is a long and possibly uninteresting post if you are not interested in property owner rights, so click for more at your own risk.


Subject: Uppity Landlords

Dear Attorney General Blumenthal

I watched as children grew into teens smoking cigarettes, then marijuana, committing crimes, quitting school and making working people suffer for years in downtown Connecticut. I informed police of drug activities, vandalism, thefts, when I was threatened and assaulted, with little to no results, and received arrogant, condescending treatment if my complaints were even to be taken but not followed up on.

Tenants could move in without permission, sell cocaine, crack, heroine, drink excessively, assault and threaten each other, threaten me, leave their kids without food and supervision while out drugging and drinking, commit felony property damage, commit fraud, build pipe bombs and set off explosives and incendiary devices near children and the list goes on.

If I was a member of a protected group, the US Constitution would apply to me and I would have gotten some type of protection and service, but I am a landlord. A police officer told me he did not serve landlords and neither did the courts when I tried to have him take a felony property damage complaint. The prosecutor in Rockville also refused to pursue that and other cases as I was a landlord. I tried to have Judge Jonathan Kaplan removed as I perceived him to be biased against landlords and contractors. I complained against the police officer and tried to have the prosecutor fired for not doing his job.

I fixed up boarded up multi family houses, working for years, sacrificing time with my family, vacations, and income for 4 years thinking I would retire in Connecticut in 12 years when I would own about $500,000 in real estate and have the $6500 gross monthly rental income as my retirement.

A legislators aid warned me to leave Connecticut for my safety as she told me police were ripping mad at legislation I proposed, ‘Civilian Oversight’ of police and for what I had written in the newspapers informing the public of Connecticut’s downtown drug and crime problems and the bias against landlords in courts and at the hands of police.

I was so upset after seeing frauds that had bilk me drive around in their BMW and Volvo not working using and selling drugs, and about the lack of anything being done about the teenagers buying, selling drugs, drinking, wrecking my property, and fighting all hours on my front yard with nothing being done by police other than informing the vandals and drug dealers who had called the police on them, me. I wrote Bush 9-15-01, tagging the letter with SBA and HUD issues, about the issues in this paragraph, and received letters and phone calls from HUD and SBA. I wrote letters to the editor, printed in the newspaper on the same theme.

I was then harassed, terrorized, and threatened all hours for weeks and could not go to the police as they were part of allegedly harassing and threatening me out of town. After being able to dodge my tormentor by always being behind a locked door, he jumped me from behind, beating me about the back of my head and back threatening to kill me if I did not give up my wallet, 10-11-01. I was carrying pepper spray as my assailant had mentioned cutting my penis off at the top of his voice on a previous occasion, while banging on my door after midnight waking me up and disturbing neighbors and tenants. My tormentor continued to harass and terrorize me and grabbed me in a public restaurant, with police refusing to do anything.

Police officers refused to take my complaint and would not arrest my assailant, would not look at my injuries, would not interview witness at the time I was assaulted, and later committed perjury regarding not taking my statement to get me convicted. Connecticut State Police Internal Affairs refused to take nor deny my complaints regarding officers committing perjury, harassing me, and telling me to leave Connecticut “or else.”

I believe there is a policy to eradicate Connecticut of landlords to get rid of those perceived as riffraff, renters. I was sentenced to a year in prison, 3 years probation for using pepper spray! It is now in the process of happening to another landlord.

Drug dealers, vandals, frauds, thieves, and other criminals receive warnings or no prison time in many cases if they are even caught by police. The prosecutor refused to offer me AR to erase my charges, a program I was entitled to for the $100 fee.

Were these officials acting in the public’s best interest acting in collusion, committing perjury and other crimes, aiding and abetting criminals and drug dealers to railroad a landlord to prison and out of Connecticut?

If the US Constitution applies in Connecticut, please look into my allegations.

Thank you,
Steven G. Erickson
PO Box 730
Enfield, CT 06083 (mail forwarded from this address)

P.S. I spent last Thanksgiving and other holidays in prison last year. Since I now an almost penniless former inmate, my daughter and family aren’t speaking to me and I am not spending Thanksgiving with them again this year, which would not have been the case if police had not acted illegally in railroading me out of my home, life, pets, retirement, credit, family/friends, business, and former clean criminal record. I have been robbed of my hopes and dreams after watching little or nothing done about the actual criminals.

I believe Judge Kaplan had personal reasons and may have been asked to really teach ‘Big Mouth’ a lesson. Kaplan heard my assailant admit to threatening my life while demanding money. Isn’t that attempted robbery, threatening, assault, and breach of peace? My case and others show me that a landlord can get arrested and sent to prison for being forced to defend him/herself and the assailant/criminal will be used by the prosecution to barbeque the landlord for being an outspoken landlord.

I respectfully request being taken off the 3 years probation and having my bogus charges erased. I could not flee from my tormentor and was forced to defend myself on my own property, a natural human reaction. I was declared the ‘VICTIM’ in the follow up police report. The biggest question why wasn’t the attempted robber/assailant ever arrested? There is a similar case going to pre-trial and Enfield, CT, next week so this illegal behavior is not an isolated incident, but possibly a covert policy.

Emailed to attorney.general@po.state.ct.us with mention that it is posted on FreeSpeech.com and referred to on mrlandlord.com

Posted by Vikingas at November 12, 2003 06:23 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Just posted on mrlandlord.com:

Attorney General (by Steven G. Erickson[CT])
Posted on: Nov 12, 2003 3:37 AM
Message: I wrote a letter to Connecticut Attorney General Blumenthal. It is in regard to my case and a similar case.

Should landlords get the harshest treatment possible in courts and at the hands of police? Is it a policy to get rid of riffraff, renters, by squeezing landlords out of business?


I had good relations with police when living in Massachusetts and Vermont. Vermont Police officers were willing to sponser me into going to the Vermont Police academy which I considered.


As not to take up space here, I posted the letter on FreeSpeech(dot)com


I know most of you have good relations with police and have not experienced the bias I and others have in Connecticut courts.


Although my case is probably one of the most extreme possible, I hope it is education for the rest of you to act in defense of your own rights and financial well being.


Thank you all for kind words and advice. --65.204.211.10

P.S. mrlandlord.com has gotten 34 mil plus hits since 1999.

Posted by: Steven G. Erickson at November 12, 2003 06:41 AM

Just posted on mrlandlord.com:

Attorney General (by Steven G. Erickson[CT])
Posted on: Nov 12, 2003 3:37 AM
Message: I wrote a letter to Connecticut Attorney General Blumenthal. It is in regard to my case and a similar case.

Should landlords get the harshest treatment possible in courts and at the hands of police? Is it a policy to get rid of riffraff, renters, by squeezing landlords out of business?


I had good relations with police when living in Massachusetts and Vermont. Vermont Police officers were willing to sponser me into going to the Vermont Police academy which I considered.


As not to take up space here, I posted the letter on FreeSpeech(dot)com


I know most of you have good relations with police and have not experienced the bias I and others have in Connecticut courts.


Although my case is probably one of the most extreme possible, I hope it is education for the rest of you to act in defense of your own rights and financial well being.


Thank you all for kind words and advice. --65.204.211.10

P.S. mrlandlord.com has gotten 34 mil plus hits since 1999.

Posted by: Steven G. Erickson at November 12, 2003 06:41 AM

No police should get away with perjury without punishment.

If police don't get punished for crimes such as perjury, then, no matter what laws are on the books, cops can make up any charges they want and make them stick with intimidation and 'testalying' on the stand.

A rival for a police officer's object of affection could be arrested as a sex offender, and have to register for the rest of their life, and be permanently put out of the competition.

You pay for your silence by being pathetic sheep never knowing when YOUR turn will come.

Just wait your turn in line for being cooked in the oven. If every one is silent you must deserve your fate, right?

Posted by: at November 12, 2003 09:21 AM

"If every one is silent you must deserve your fate, right?"

this morning, i was fantasizing (yes, i said fantasizing) about what would happen if you mainstream political people elect some mo-ron (aka reelection of bush, or suchlike) who turns about to be an absolutist dictator, who makes everyone serve in the armed forces and everyone dies...

i was like, hahahahaha they'd never get me, i didnt vote for 'em. i spoke out.

then, i thought... wait, i cant post that. because i'm wrong. i'd die too. it doesn't matter if you speak out or not. you'll just die knowing it wasn't your fault; when you're dead, whats that gonna do for you? naught.

so i'm posting it anyway in response to the idea by "anonymous" that
"You pay for your silence by being pathetic sheep never knowing when YOUR turn will come."
this will never work, even though i want it to. it's self gratifying, but that's about it. and as long as im not gonna die, i dont care, but when it comes down to it, if you're gonna kill me, it doesn't matter anymore.

i hate this!

Posted by: at November 12, 2003 10:21 AM

oh yeah, that was me - MEL- the remember my person info thing never works. i was the SECOND anonymous. not the first!

Posted by: mel at November 12, 2003 10:22 AM

Mel,
If I am going to die, it WON'T be quietly. Ha, ha.

I think the Viking blood within will mean I will go down fighting, except I will be using modern implements, a pen and a keyboard.

Posted by: Steven G. Erickson at November 13, 2003 11:15 AM

Getting put in prison for proposing laws unpopular with police and speaking about police misconduct is a real possibility as it happened to me.

State Sen. Guglielmo, former Rep. Mordasky, and their staff, of Connecticut, are aware of my proposing laws unpopular with police and what I had written in newspapers that caused me to be a lightning rod for police anger and retaliation.

Rep. Mordasky?s aid warned me to leave Connecticut before it was too late, just leave, sell my property, and leave, as she said the police liaison told her they were really going to get me for having proposed the laws I did and for my political activism.

So if you complain about drugs being sold, police doing nothing, it is more serious to police and authorities than rape, robbery, theft, and murder, as I received more prison time for ?overreacting? using pepper spray on a police informant encouraged to harass me out of Connecticut, when he jumped me from behind in my dark yard, threatening my life, and trying to rob me.

Only I was punished after I was declared the victim on my own property.

My case in not uncommon as it has happened over and over to small business and property owners all over Connecticut and possibly other states.

If you work hard, pay your bills on time, obey laws, invest in business or downtown property, but don?t have political connections when you pursue the American Dream, it could end in a nightmare and prison.

Posted by: Steven G. Erickson at May 23, 2004 09:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home